Samstag, 13. Juni 2026

The strawberries are ripe.

 

Every spring, I look forward to going to the nearby strawberry fields and picking berries...



We are all looking forward most to the strawberry cake, and the jam is also very popular.





 We are currently experiencing the "Schafskälte" (a cold spell in June) with plenty of rain and cool temperatures, but there has also been a lot of sunshine, which we’ve made the most of for hikes and bike rides...




my homemade bread


Elbe Sandstone Mountains







- Barbarine - Sächsische Schweiz



It’s wonderful in the woods; I could do that every day :-) ... though I did spend the recent rainy days sewing—making this clutch, for instance ... I’m going to the ballet in early July and will use it then.







I’m sending you very warm greetings with this beautiful poppy.

Hug Viola



71 Kommentare:

  1. Lovely pictures of the mountains, especially the one where you are sitting, looking very happy. It is Strawberry season here too and we bought some at a roadside stand ( we decided that at 80 plus we wouldn't pick our own any more) lol
    I wonder if you have pick-your-own berries where you live.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I look forward to our strawberries in another week or probably two weeks.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It's strawberry season here too! We enjoy them fresh but some are going into the freezer also for next winter treats. The scenery is lovely, enjoy the ballet!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Great rock formations!! I picked my first strawberry this morning out of my garden. So far there are just a couple. Sure hope I get more.
    Pretty blooms.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your strawberry cake looks amazing and some wonderful views on your rides/walks.... Great clutch bag...
    Hugz

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hello! wonderful strawberries! I've got blackberries at the moment and excited to get strawberries as well. Great job on your stew. I also make stews along with soups and chowders. Great job on your photos!!!! Happy Weekend!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh how I miss 'Norwegian' strawberries! They taste so much better compared to what we get here. Your strawberry cake looks delicious! Lovely scenery from your hikes, beautiful flowers too. Enjoy summer!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Your scenery is lovely especially the rock formations. Love the clutch as well.

    AntwortenLöschen

  9. A wonderful bike ride,great photos! Your strawberry cake looks so delicious with those fresh strawberries. Your sewing turned out so beautifully,hope you enjoy using it. Wishing you a lovely Sunday, Elke.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Oh my - your strawberries look so good! And such wonderful scenery, I love those rocks. Your new bag will be lovely to take to the ballet.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Kjære Viola,
    Din jordbærkake ser veldig god ut!
    Det er kjølig her også, og vi har mye regn i det siste. Jeg håper at vi nå vil få litt varme og bedre vær.
    Det er en fin sykkel du har, og et flott turområde. Elbe Sandstone fjellene ser veldig spennende ut å besøke.
    Din veske som du syr blir veldig fin selvfølgelig. Du er veldig flink til å sy!
    Hilsen fra Marit

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Gorgeous poppy there, and lovely photos of everything, the view is very nice and so are those strawberries which we can still buy at the supermarket even though it's winter :)
    Take care.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Lovely photographs Viola. The rock formations are amazing. Love your new clutch bag. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. I see you have foxgloves like we do--- People from other places are always surprised that they grow wild.

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Strawberries!!! ♥️
    I'm missing hiking and cycling... You have some beautiful places to go x

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Fresh strawberries are the best. Nice photos and rock formations. Hope the weather gives you plenty of great days so you can enjoy nature and the outdoors. Have a wonderful day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Fresh Ontario strawberries are now coming on the market here, Viola. This is one of our great annual treats. Right now I am visiting my daughter and have brought naturalist friends to inventory the living things on her property. Yesterday for the first time we spotted a bear. Very exciting! Best wishes - David

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Wonderful photos. I enjoyed tagging along. The strawberries look so good. I like your clutch bag. Very nice

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. ...yesterday I bought our first strawberries of the season. The sandstone formations sure look interesting, Be well, Viola.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. This is how to have it all, bikes, beautiful mountains, and strawberries!

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Quella crostata di fragole deve essere buonissima, solo a vederla viene voglia di mangiarla !!! Da noi fa molto caldo, troppo !! Quel caldo che ti toglie la voglia di fare qualsiasi cosa. Purtroppo, già da qualche anno, siam messi così male !!! Bellissime le tue passeggiate nei boschi e bravissima per la pochette, è venuta molto bene. Saluti cari.

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Your photos are lovely 🍓 Mmm strawberries.
    Summer is so nice.
    Very nice clutch purse, well done !

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. I love 🍓 strawberries too 🍓

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. I love strawberries too but they are still a week or so away. I can't wait. Your cake looks amazing. I especially like to make strawberry jam or sauce also. And that scenery is amazing too. It looks like life is treating you well, and has some magic in it too. Have a great new week!

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. Hello Viola,
    What a nice post with wonderful pictures. Great to see all these wonderful places with a great view. Pictures 15 and 18 are so very nice.
    And what a lovely cake with fresh strawberries. It looks so tasty...hmmm.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. Wow, what strawberry! Your tart looks delicious. The clutch is very useful thing, congratulation, Viola. beautiful forest and stones.

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. Liebe Viola,
    Deine Clutch sieht sehr schön aus und ich liebe die Farbe gelb. Die Erdbeeren sehen lecker aus und mit dem Tortenboden zusammen ist eine Köstlichkeit entstanden, der man nicht widerstehen kann. Radtouren sind toll und man bekommt unterwegs so viel zu sehen. Danke für die schönen Fotos.
    Ich wünsche Dir einen guten Start in die neue Woche und grüße Dich herzlich.
    Traudi.

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. Such a beautiful day out for a hike/bike ride! The strawberries look great-and so does your dessert!

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. We too in the UK have had mixed weather, the garden enjoyed some welcome rain last week and it now seems to be drier and sunnier.

    The strawberries look so tasty.
    I like your clutch.
    Beautiful photographs from your bike ride/hike.

    Enjoy your June days.

    All the best Jan

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Ummm! The strawberry candy is so delicious! It's the one I prefer.

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. Dear Viola, your photos are beautiful. The strawberries 🍓 look delicious 😋

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. Thanks for commenting on my blog Viola - but you have become no-reply! So here is my reply.
    Thank you Viola.
    The West Somerset Railway has about a dozen stations and they are all beautifully kept but Crowcombe is my favourite. It is always fun to travel on the old trains too.
    Your strawberry tart looked delicious! I forgot to mention before.
    Enjoy strawberry season. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. Dear Viola, I can see photos that tempt me to eat strawberry cake. What you made is very nice, besides its beauty it must have been also be delicious, and that is more important to me.
    We didn't pick strawberries, but we picked cherries on Friday. We ate them from the tree and brought a lot home. By Monday they were all gone.
    We could eat them from the tree because they didn't have any dangerous toxic chemicals on them.
    Many, many years ago photos were taken of me like the one of you on the rocks. I can't climb mountains anymore. Such is life!
    I liked your picture again, enjoy the summer after spring time. Éva from Hungary

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. We have had our first taste of strawberries. We are pro sed more this week, and lots more in the weeks to come.
    The pictures from your hikes are really nice.

    AntwortenLöschen
  35. Schöne Bilder von der Wanderung Erdbeeren sind klasse sie gehören zum Sommer.
    Gruß
    Noke

    AntwortenLöschen
  36. The homemade bread looks very good. The route you liked is in the Bucegi Mountains in Romania.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you very much. I’ll look up the route online and do a bit of dreaming...

      Löschen
  37. Prachtige natuur! Daar smaakt dat zelfgebakken brood extra lekker. Heerlijke aardbeien en taart.

    AntwortenLöschen
  38. Nothing sweeter than strawberries picked from the garden! I enjoyed your photos. Cute bag!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  39. Liebe Viola, immer wieder begeisterst Du mich mit so tollen Fotos aus der Sächsischen Schweiz ich möchte da unbedingt auch einmal hin. Das kommt jetzt ganz nach oben auf meiner Liste. So eine faszinierende Aussicht und jaaaa Erdbeeren pflücken und dann Kuchen essen ist doch wirklich so ein schönes Sommerglück! Das Täschchen gefällt mir sehr gut und die Blütenpracht sowieso♥

    Liebe Grüße
    Kerstin und Helga

    AntwortenLöschen
  40. Did you make all those delicious looking treats and such? You amaze me with your talents and art. That clutch is darling, so summery. I just went to the strawberry farm today and now have many quarts I have to do something with! I have a feeling a lot of berries are in my future! Big hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen
  41. Empezando por las fresas que tienen que estar muy ricas y terminando por ese paseo tan gratificante con esos paisajes tan lindos, luego esas manualidades, una excelente entrada,
    Feliz semana.
    Saludos Cordiales

    AntwortenLöschen
  42. Erdbeeren sind wirklich lecker, vor allem aus eigenem Anbau. LG Romy

    AntwortenLöschen
  43. Kjære Viola, akkurat idag har spist nyplokkede jordbær og det smakte nydelig. Og takk til deg som leser og skriver på bloggen min. Veldig snillt av deg. Ha en flott dag. klæm fra meg.

    AntwortenLöschen
  44. Och so schön. Tolle Aktivitäten, Naschereien und DIY-Projekte. Da ist von allem etwas dabei, das das Leben schön macht :)
    LG Petra

    AntwortenLöschen
  45. The strawberries look delicious as does the cake..
    Love seeing the photos of your time in the forest.
    Such a pretty clutch.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    AntwortenLöschen
  46. Yummy strawberries!! Pretty scenery from your hikes. Your pouch looks fabulous, perfect for a ballet! Thank you for sharing with P&Q and linking up ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  47. Love your strawberry tarte so yummy!
    You live in a very nice place with beautiful sceneries you are lucky!

    AntwortenLöschen
  48. Our June has been similar to yours! I enjoy seeing your hiking photos. Seeing your homemade bread makes my mouth water, it's a perfect treat when being active. Enjoy your time at the ballet!

    AntwortenLöschen
  49. Very nice clutch, beautiful scenery, and yummy strawberry goodness! Jam, pie, and chocolate dipped are my favorite ways to enjoy them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  50. Hi Viola. The strawberries look delicious. I do enjoy strawberry season. Yes, to cakes and jam making!
    You have lovely areas for riding and hiking. The scenery looks beautiful.
    The clutch has turned out well. I hope you enjoy your time at the ballet. Do you have to travel far to see the ballet?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. A few years ago, I moved from my hometown of Dresden to the countryside, and now I drive about half an hour to the Semperoper Dresden. And when I attend a performance during the day, I take the train... either way, it’s relaxing.

      Löschen
  51. Delicious strawberries. Enjoy your jam and cake, Viola.
    Your smiling face says you enjoyed the walk and beautiful scenery.
    Beautiful clutch bag you made and the little zip pocket is useful.

    AntwortenLöschen
  52. La tarta de fresas se ve muy buena. El bolsito te ha quedado genial. Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  53. Good morning such a lovely post and I would love some home grown strawberries. I set up a new blog this week-hoping this one will work-I still have a lot of issues commenting so hoping this will post
    https://kathysdoingslake.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  54. Her har det vært utetid i det siste, og bloggen er blitt nedprioritert. Men så fant jeg jordbærkaka di i kveld. Så fristende! Norske jordbær får vi kjøpt på butikken nå. Deilig til dessert med fløte til.

    Riktig god sommer fra Ingunn!

    AntwortenLöschen
  55. A perfect time of year with delicious fruit and beautiful scenery. Have a good weekend. B x

    AntwortenLöschen
  56. Hi Viola!
    Lovely strawberries. We have to have them for Midsummer. Your cake looks delicious. I understand that you like to be inn the nature, I just spent a week in the north, it is so quiet and beautiful.
    Have a nice Midsummer /Marika

    AntwortenLöschen
  57. Dear Viola, the strawberries are so yummy!
    My new landlady-to-be gave me a little glass of self-cooked strawberry jam - such a treat!
    I long for next year when I will have time (I hope) to do all these satisfying work too.
    I admire your clutch!
    And the landscape you show us is wonderful - it is also on my list for next year, the rocks are so impressing!
    At the moment I have to live my life in a sort of (busy) waiting loop, not being Lady of my time - but that will (hopefully) be over soon.
    Have a good time! Britta

    AntwortenLöschen
  58. I responded to your sweet comments on my blog, but they were rejected by blogger. Send me your email, and I can make sure you receive my responses. Mamiebudgeese@hotmail.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  59. Beautiful photos. Nice nature. The strawberry cake is looking delicious. Have a nice weekend !

    AntwortenLöschen
  60. Jordbær er godt! Deilig både som kake, syltetøy og å spise friske! Så fin tur. God juni til deg!

    AntwortenLöschen
  61. Så morsomt at du fortsatt blogger! Og både jordbærkaka og dine hjemmebakte brød gir meg vann i munnen!
    Pludrehanneklem

    AntwortenLöschen
  62. "Nothing beats the taste of sun-warmed strawberries fresh off the vine—you've got the right idea! 😊"

    AntwortenLöschen
  63. In my area it has been brutal heat and humidity for several days. Today it is a slow soaking rain. Our garden needs it. love strawberries but the wife does not. The cake looks delicious. I used to do 80 mile bike rides but the roads are not safe for bikers any more. Love your photos.

    Hugs and Blessings

    AntwortenLöschen
  64. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving that sweet comment. I love the looks of that strawberry cake. How lovely to have the opportunity to pick berries so near at hand!

    AntwortenLöschen
  65. Había oído hablar del color rojo intenso, y del sabor de las fresas Noruegas, ahora veo que es cierto lo del color, y espero algún día poder probarlas. Aquí también tenemos las famosas fresas de Huelva, que se exportan por medio mundo, y aunque de color un poco más suave también son muy sabrosas.
    Como se suele decir: que nunca llueve a gusto de todos, ustedes pasando frío y nosotros nos estamos asando como pollos, ya que las temperaturas desde hace casi un mes, no bajan de los 40º C.
    Me ha gustado mucho el bolso que te has fabricado y que vas a lucir el día que acudas al Ballet.
    Un abrazo, amiga Viola, y feliz mes de Julio que ya lo tenemos aquí.

    AntwortenLöschen
  66. Good afternoon, I tried sending you and email but the one I have is not working-can you get back to me? I have a contact form on my blog-it is about my slow stitch bags

    AntwortenLöschen
  67. Boa noite minha querida amiga Viola. Espero que esteja tudo bem com você e seus parentes na Alemanha. Tenho dois casais de amigos, que já foram na Alemanha. Uma excelente noite de domingo, bom início de semana e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    AntwortenLöschen
  68. The strawberries do look delicious...and do the cakes made with them. I love strawberry jam. Actually, I like strawberries in general...and I've enjoyed all cakes with strawberries I have tried so far.

    AntwortenLöschen

Blog-Archiv