Freitag, 28. August 2026

Colors and patterns



There were a few days of persistent rain that I used for sewing. 



There was a request from my family for a small cosmetic bag.




And because I love granting wishes—and it’s so much fun—I sewed a second one...



It’s nice when you open bags and find a lovely interior, and I like having small compartments inside them.



Before the nice weather returned, I spent some time playing around with fabrics... I'll keep you posted on the progress.




In addition, there was cooking, baking, hiking, cycling, and swimming...


I love my hot lunch.

The August apples were harvested.

Apple Crumble :-)

Hiking in the national park...

is always nice.

The farmer's full-time job.

For us, summer is the time for cycling.

My bike has been overhauled.

Favorite cake as a thank-you – quark with raisins -

There are fantastic routes all around...





There is almost nothing more fantastic than going for a swim after a bike ride.



If I could, I would hold onto August with all its beauty.

Sending you warm greetings, dear blogger friend.

All the best, Viola


69 Kommentare:

  1. I was a bit surprised to see the yellow, golden rod (what we call it) blooming. Somehow, I had thought it was a North American plant. Glad you enjoyed your riding, cooking and sewing.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Golden rod is a good dye plant. Like many others that have been so used, it can be the last trace of an industry

      Löschen
    2. *Solidago virgaurea*, also known as European goldenrod, grows wild in Germany and is pollinated by bees, bumblebees, and butterflies. It is used as a medicinal plant and yields a beautiful golden-yellow hue when used for dyeing.

      Löschen
  2. I'm so glad you are having a lovely August

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful photos! great job on the bags--they are practical and pretty which makes them perfect! Love the photo labeled 'is always nice'!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. August is a fantastic month, so much to enjoy, sadly here in UK the summer drought has made this year very different. I love bags with colourful interiors, can't wait to see your last project finished.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. These late August days are wonderful for swimming, biking and hiking! Your cosmetic pouches look wonderful! You did such a good job. You photos are always so inspiring!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I always love the photos you post on your blog! Your cosmetic bags are wonderful! Enjoy swimming and biking on the late August days!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. It looks like you have had an enjoyable August, productive also with the cosmetic bags! I was also surprised to see the goldenrod blooming. It is just coming into bloom now, it decorates the roadside ditches.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Kjære Viola,
    Dine sminkepunger er veldiig fine. Du er så dyktig til å sy!
    Eplekakene du baker ser veldig gode ut.
    Jeg ønsker deg en fin helg!
    Klem fra Marit

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I love those little zippy pouches.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. August looks like a beautiful time of year for you! In my part of the world it is the end of winter and we are looking forward to spring.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. That fabric is fantastic and I just love all (but especially the first) cosmetic bags. That apple dessert looks so very wonderful. You aree having a wonderful month and I love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. You are a very good bagmaker, Viola! Wonderful pics of your travelling around, your country is beautiful. Those apples make delicious desserts!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Sewing, cooking, baking, hiking, cycling, and swimming ... you have been busy :)

    Wonderful photographs sharing your August days.

    Enjoy the weekend and as we shortly move into September, I wish you a happy new month to come.

    All the best Jan

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Beautiful outdoor adventures, pretty and useful bags, delicious looking desserts - you do it all well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Te quedo muy bien los patrones. Me dio ganas de los dulces. Te mando un beso.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Rainy days are perfect for sewing! Pretty cosmetic bags. Interesting curves pattern, looking forward to see progress. Yummy food and apple desserts. Pretty landscape scenery. August is a fabulous month.

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Beautiful cosmetic bags, love the fabric in the first one! So good you can have days out cycling and exploring. Your cooking looks wonderful too. Your surprise project looks interesting, looking forward to seeing what happens.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Beautiful photos. Lovely cosmetic bags. And your food looks delicious 😋

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Wunderschöne selbst genähtes zeigt du , fleissig warst du und ich bin gespannt was aus den Stoffstücker wird!
    Lecker und eine tolle interessante Fahrradtour habt ihr unternommen. So schöne Fotos hast du mit gebracht , ja du hast den August genossen.
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen September und viele schöne Erlebnisse!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Days of rain are perfect for sewing, baking, getting some housework done and generally enjoying the late summer days.
    Those little bags are so cute!! The recipients will be happy.

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Hej Viola!
    Vi har haft en torr solig varm augusti, nu idag är det grått och disigt, hoppas på regn. Det ser ut som att du har haft en härlig augusti.
    Många hälsningar /Marika

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Lovely pictures Viola and a well deserved swim. Your bags look great.
    Thank you for your nice comments on my blog. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. In your normal, inimitable fashion, Viola, you show us how to enjoy life. No moment is wasted, every minute filled with joy. Miriam has made many of those cosmetic bags and even made a bag for me to use when travelling. There are talented people in this world! Hugs - David

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. Well you are having and did have a good time in your summer, the bags are gorgeous, the views amazing with beautiful colours of the sunset. Thanks for sharing all of your photo including your food.
    Take care and keep enjoying.

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. Hi Viola. Excellent your sewing. I don't like it , more crochet. Nice photos. Have a nice weekend !

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. You made good use of the rainy days. I love your sewing projects.
    You have a lovely place for bike rides as well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. It's been great catching up with all your wonderful posts seeing your lovely country and some delicious food.
    Great fabrics you used for the cosmetic bags.

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. Wonderful images of August, Viola. I am clinging to summer for as long as possible, although I do love autumn once it arrives. But we have several weeks of summery weather ahead, I hope.
    Your cosmetic bags are beautiful. I love sewing useful and appreciated things like that for people, too. I sometimes make them for presents and fill them with things I think the birthday girl would like.
    Your food looks delicious! It's the season for apples and baking coming up.

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. The food looks so good. You do know how to enjoy life, Viola.

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Variedad de temas, para todos los gustos y buenas imágenes para ilustrar tu texto escrito.
    Saludos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. Liebe Viola.

    was für herrliche kleine Täschchen Du da mal schnell gezaubert hast. Die erste sieht natürlich ganz besonders aus durch den tollen Stoff. Ja, der August ging hier auch gemächlich ab. Man muss die Stunden nutzen und Abkühlung im klaren Wasser suchen. Kulinarisch würde ich sehr gerne von dem Apple Crumble naschen. Ich bin schon gespannt was Du aus den besonderen Stücken Stoff die Du da vorbereitet hast nähst ?!

    Herzliche Wochenendgrüße
    Kerstin und Helga

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. Boa noite minha querida amiga Viola. Suas fotos ficaram maravilhosas. Na maior parte do Brasil, está no inverno. Confesso, que esse inverno está, parecendo mais verão. Obrigado pela visita e comentário, uma excelente noite de do para você e todos os seus familiares na Alemanha, bom final de semana e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. Breve postarei, fotos de um Parque Estadual do estado do Rio de Janeiro e foi uma experiência maravilhosa, fuçar no meio da natureza e no domingo passado, de noite tive a oportunidade de andar de bicicleta.

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. You are making the most of August..... lovely views and sewing and eating to see!
    Hugz

    AntwortenLöschen
  35. It looks like it has been a wonderful August for you. That is great! The cosmetic bags you made are lovely, the food looks delicious and thank you so much for taking us on the bike ride. Lovely sights indeed! I wish you a very happy end of August and the same for September. All the best to you too, Denise

    AntwortenLöschen
  36. Le due trousse sono molto belle, sia quella con la stoffa colorata fuori, ma anche quella con la stoffa colorata dentro ! Comode e pratiche, anche da lavare ! Quante belle gite in bicicletta !!! Da noi , l'estate è stata troppo calda e ci ha tolto un pò il piacere di andare in bici e camminare. Meno male che arriva l'autunno !!! Saluti cari.

    AntwortenLöschen
  37. Those bags are great - what fun to grant the wishes! your photos are lovely, it looks like you make the best of your summer.

    AntwortenLöschen
  38. Your cosmetic bags look lovely, Viola. You make some really pretty small bags and the little inside pockets are so useful. I look forward to seeing what else you will be making with your fabric.
    It looks like a perfect August with hiking, riding, swimming and enjoying delicious food. I hope September is just as much fun for you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  39. I am in love with those magical colors in the first photo! I love love splashes of colors.
    Yes, August can be such an amazing month. All of my flowers seem to be bragging with their colorful blossoms putting on the big show before September!

    AntwortenLöschen
  40. You have been really busy. I LOVE the fabric in the first cosmetic bag. It will be fun to see what that one piece becomes. I’ll bet that Apple dessert was delicious. You get to see so many beautiful sights when you are on a bike. I hope your September is as productive.

    AntwortenLöschen
  41. Your cosmetic bags look lovely. Great fabrics.
    It looks like August has been a perfect month for you. Beautiful weather and lovely places to visit.

    AntwortenLöschen
  42. You have been very busy! I always enjoy seeing your nature photos. The food has made me hungry! Thanks for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  43. Always so busy in your corner and I love all your sewing projects. Such pretty material. B x

    AntwortenLöschen
  44. Moin liebe Viola,
    wunderschöne Stoffe hast Du für Deine kleinen Taschen ausgesucht. Nach dem Fahrradfahren ein Bad im See zu nehmen ist toll und sorgt für Abkühlung. O wie lecker, Quarkkuchen mit Rosinen. Ich esse ihn sehr gerne. Morgen werde ich ein Stück bekommen, leider ohne Rosinen. Vielleicht kann ich den Bäcker überzeugen, Rosinen mit zu backen.
    Starte gut in den September und sei ganz herzlich gegrüßt von Traudi.🍀

    AntwortenLöschen
  45. Liebe Viola, diese Täschchen mit dem liebevoll gestalteten Innenleben sind wirklich echte Schätze, auch außen. Die Essensfotos musste ich aus gewichtstechnischen Gründen überfliegen 😅, aber dafür habe ich die wunderschönen Naturaufnahmen umso mehr genossen - und freue mich, dass ihr euch einen so guten Sommer gegönnt habt. Was den anfangs erwähnten mehrtägigen anhaltender Regen betrifft, da bin ich allerdings ein wenig neidisch - denn hier war der Sommer derart trocken, dass die Bäche verschwunden und die Flüsse zu Bächen geworden sind... Erst vor wenigen Tagen gab es etwas Regen, aber die Betonung liegt auf "etwas"...
    Alles Liebe, 🤗
    Traude

    AntwortenLöschen
  46. Hej Viola,
    Wat een mooie tasjes heb je gemaakt; handig en uniek.
    Prachtig uitzicht vanaf het uitkijkplatform.
    Heerlijke taart, jammie!
    Fijn weekend en lieve groetjes van Willy

    AntwortenLöschen
  47. Those pouches are gorgeous, and I love the look of the apple cake. Yum! I think the best photo is right at the end. Now that's the way to end a summer day. Happy new month to you.

    AntwortenLöschen
  48. Boa noite minha querida amiga Viola. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Realmente, o trabalho de Vik Muniz é bem interessante. Uma excelente noite de domingo, para você e todos os seus familiares na Alemanha, bom início de semana e um grande abraço do seu amigo.

    AntwortenLöschen
  49. Wow, that national park lookout is amazing!!! Great job on the pouches for family!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  50. Hallo Viola,
    deine Taschen gefallen mir sehr. Mit Innentaschen finde ich sie auch besonders praktisch. Da findet man den Lippenstift und die Hautcreme ohne suchen.
    Noch kann man nach einer Fahrradtour ins Wasser springen. Aber der Herbst steht vor der Tür und bringt andere Freuden. Durch das bunte Laub laufen, mit Kastanien basteln, abends die ersten Kerzen anzünden. Jede Jahreszeit bringt schöne Dinge.
    Viele Grüße Anette

    AntwortenLöschen
  51. Me ha encantado todo, tu trabajo me parece genial. Muchos besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  52. Dear Viola, I loved August, but I was also glad that it was over. The summer was very hot, I prefer autumn and winter. People don't really understand me, and I don't even explain why I am like this.
    Your pictures are beautiful, I always enjoy looking at your pictures. You make simple moments attractive. I agree with you, such moments and sights are the nicest.
    With love. Eva

    AntwortenLöschen
  53. Tolle Fotos und eine tolle Näharbeit. Da ich in Deinem Profil...soweit ich es verstanden habe, gelesen habe daß Du in Tyskland- also Deutschland - geboren wurdest, nehme ich an, daß Du Deutsch noch immer verstehst :-). Aber ich glaube, ich war schon mal bei Deinem netten Blog zu Besuch. Danke auf jeden Fall für Deinen netten Besuch bei mir.
    Alles Liebe
    Violetta

    AntwortenLöschen
  54. Te quedo muy bien. Me dio ganas del postre. Te mando un beso.

    AntwortenLöschen
  55. Die Kosmetiktaschen sind klasse geworden, mir gefällt besonders die erste, die du gezeigt hast. Schöne Bilder von einem herrlichen August. Ich wünschte, die USA wären ein fahrradfreundlicheres Land. Ich radele praktisch nur in unserem Wohnviertel, weil es außerhalb auf den größeren Straßen einfach zu gefährlich ist. Ich hatte bereits zwei Unfälle, das reicht. Wunderschön die Fotos von der Sächsischen Schweiz.

    AntwortenLöschen
  56. Mit der Näherei habe ich immer so meine Probleme, umso mehr bewundere ich alle die es können … also auch dich. Wunderschön sind deine Täschchen geworden. Und deine Fotos von den Unternehmungen, und dem leckeren Essen, freuen mich auch.
    Liebe Grüße von Heidi

    AntwortenLöschen
  57. wow those bags are so amazing! You are so talented.

    AntwortenLöschen
  58. Love all the photos! And the little bags are wonderful! Well done!
    Hugs
    Donna 🌷

    AntwortenLöschen
  59. Hello Viola, the cosmetic bags you made are beautiful and so neatly sewn! Your cooking and baking look lovely as well. :)
    I needed to google the National Park in your photos. I didn't know about it before. It looks fabulous, and your photos are excellent.
    Happy September days to you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  60. Beautiful photos, Viola. Your purses are well done and show off your creativity. Have a wonderful month of September.

    AntwortenLöschen
  61. what lovely purses. Your post has made me hungry lol
    enjoy the weather before autumn and winter arrive!

    AntwortenLöschen
  62. Veo que por ahí lo pasas genial!!
    paseos, comidas...lo mejor es hacerlo uno misma
    no soy buena para la repostería
    pero de comidas algo me defiendo
    y mucho mejor el arte de hacer cosas
    personales y los demás
    estoy bordando para mi y otros...
    ahí después me daré tiempo de compartir.

    Un abrazo.

    AntwortenLöschen
  63. Love your sewing project, the food looks delish andthe photos are always fantastic.

    Hugs and Blessings

    AntwortenLöschen

Blog-Archiv