Sonntag, 13. September 2026

 Sewing, cycling, swimming



I have continued with this sewing project.





I produced four blocks...



I really enjoyed that... and now I was wondering what I’d like to sew from it... I have enough doilies... but :-)))



Wow... this is it, isn't it?



Bag – a woman can always use one :-)



I like it very much.



I quilted the back panel using matching fabric—and aren't those woven ribbons wonderful? And there are pockets on the inside.



As for the knitted piece—perhaps you’ve seen the sweater I’m wearing in the photo above... it’s an absolute favorite of mine for cool days, mornings... and evenings. I knitted it myself a while back using this lovely cable pattern. I made it using New Zealand possum/merino wool.



We still get the occasional lovely, sunny, warm day, but things are definitely heading towards autumn... We’re making the most of this pleasant weather for bike rides—especially in the Lusatian Lake District—since there are great cycle paths, wonderful scenery, and tourist spots that we really enjoy visiting, too :-)) It’s so nice to sit in a deckchair gazing out at the water with the bike right there in sight...





 


I’ll write about the swimming next time—this is simply getting far too long, my dears. I have a plum cake with streusel in the oven, for a nice coffee break.



Happy Sunday, and wishing you a wonderful, active time full of joy.

Hug from Viola

68 Kommentare:

  1. Love your jumper you knitted and I've never heard of possum and merino wool mix, sounds interesting.
    I love your bag you made, it looks good.
    I expect you knew/know blogger is not showing who posted on our blogs! Well until they fix it. Take care.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. That block is fascinating. It looks like a lot of work. It sure made for a wonderful bag. I like how you did the inside with pockets too.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I like your cable sweater. Sue will soon begin to crochet another cable throw.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Great bag, Viola. I am sure it garners lots of favourable comments as you show it off around town. Blogger is still having problems (is it ever problem-free?) but with luck and perseverance we can all stay in touch. Be well and enjoy your cake and coffee! Very best regards - David

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. ...Viola, I'd like to order a plum cake please.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. My guests have just left, but two pieces are left over—I’m saving one for you and the other is for me—because it turned out so delicious... made with a real vanilla bean, ground almonds, emmer and corn flour, eggs, and a 250g block of butter... believe me, even just one piece is a real treat... I prepped the plums before baking so they blend beautifully with the batter... I love baking with seasonal fruit :-))))
      What do you say? Just come on over!
      Hugs.
      I am happy.

      Löschen
  6. What a fantastic bag. It looks very useful,, lots of room for lots of stuff.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hello Viola,
    What a nice bag you have made.
    And a delicious cake. That looks very tasty.
    Shot 16 is very nice with that amazing view in the back.

    Many greetings,
    marco

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. What a beautiful bag you created. Plum cake sounds delicious. Have a nice day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Lindo diseño. Rico pastel. Te mando un beso.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Oh yes!! The bag is so pretty and perfect! You make a great model. The plum cake looks delicious.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Great post--- And your work is excellent!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I agree that a new bag is always useful and in your case also very lovely.
    The plum cake must have been wonderful. I like everything made with plums!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Really appreciate the effort that went into creating this post. The information is presented in a simple but detailed way, making it easy to follow without losing the important points. I learned a few things while reading that I had not considered before. Content like this is especially useful for readers who want a clearer understanding of the subject.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. See you are a busy woman ;)
    Lovcely pictures !
    Thanks for your visit !
    Have a shinny week !
    Anna

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. What a bag! With pockets too!
    Anyone who can knit cables has my complete admiration.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Your bag is stunning. What wonderful piecing you did! You are so talented.
    I'd love to have a piece of that plum cake and visit with you. Have a great week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Det er en flott bag du har sydd, kjære Viola. Genseren er også veldig fin. Du kan alt om håndarbeide! Kaken ser også deilig ut.
    Klem fra Marit

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. You used the blocks for the perfect bag-genius!

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Wow, what a gorgeous bag! And so beautifully made.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. A lovely, imaginative pattern—*wow*, the bag turned out beautifully. The small bag looks really well-made, too. That knitting pattern looks so pretty—happy knitting on the go! It’s great to see everything you do in your free time, and you even baked a delicious cake. You certainly had a wonderful Sunday.
    Hugs, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Your bag is lovely Viola, what a great use for your block. Looks very smart. You jumper looks lovely and soft and warm - we have not quite reached jumper temperatures but are getting cooler times. Thank you for commenting on my blog. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Det er så morsomt å se alt det fine du får til med stoff! Det passet perfekt til en veske. Og genseren er nydelig, spennende garn, har ikke prøvd det. Lekker kake, nam, nam..... Klem Marit Johanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. Hola
    muy buen trabajo...artístico de todos modos
    quedó todo ensamblado y lo mejor útil
    me luciría con algo así de todas maneras
    además de aprovechar retazos...
    muy bien!

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. Your new bag is just fabulous. I really love how you used the colors and the pattern. Lots of fun activities in your world. Makes me smile. I don't know if Blogger is updating reading lists in your part of the world, but it isn't here and I've missed some posts. I bookmarked your blog url. If you're having the same issue, you can sign up for Marmelade Gypsy email alerts -- the sign up is on the blog!

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. Great way to use your fabric piece, the bag has turned out really well.
    Lovely work in your knitting, too. There are lovely wools from New Zealand.
    It is a good idea to be out enjoying the sunny weather. Perfect time for riding and swimming.

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. Hai fatto una borsa molto carina ed originale ! E' anche pratica perchè molto capiente ! Bravissima !!! Che bello il tuo maglione !!! Adoro la torta di prugne !! Saluti cari.

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. Hej Viola!
    Du har varit flitig med att sy, sticka och baka. Kakan ser riktigt god ut. Jag brukade sticka mycket med flätmönster, det är roligt.
    Ha det så bra /Kramar Marika

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. The bag is lovely, I'm glad you found a practical use for the little quilt. Now you can enjoy it daily. Enjoy your biking and, of course, happy stitching!

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. Your bag will be very useful, I can see! That plum streusel cake looks delicious.

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Fantastic block you’ve sewn and made into a great bag.
    Beautiful jumper you knitted with NZ wool.
    Great time to be enjoying bike rides.
    Oh the cake looks delicious with your cuppa.
    Maria lifeontheblock.

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. Good morning, I enjoyed your post-Love your bag-I am working on putting yours together this week-hugs cake sounds delicious

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. That plum cake looks amazing! what a great way to end such a great blog post. I love your bag. That was a brilliant idea to use those pieces for it. You knit your own sweater - that is also very impressive. I have figured out hats - but that sweater looks VERY complicated!

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. Cake looks scrummy and I love your bag. Lovely when the weather is cool enough to enjoy cabled knits. B x

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. Liebe Viola,

    jawohl.... ein Zwetschgenkuchen muss einfach sein im September meiner geht morgen in den Ofen und dann lassen wir ihn uns am Wochenende schmecken. Deine Tasche sieht super aus, was für ein schönes Projekt und das Ergebnis kann sich wirklich sehen lassen, der Sweater übrigens auch, gefällt mir total gut von der Farbe als auch dem Muster, bin ich doch ein totaler Zöpfe-Fan.

    Liebe Grüße
    Kerstin und Helga

    AntwortenLöschen
  35. Oh my! Your fun sewing sure made the greatest bag! I look forward to reading about the swimming and that photo of the plum cake made me want to come for coffee!

    AntwortenLöschen
  36. Lovely bag and the streusel looks so good.

    AntwortenLöschen
  37. Dein Nähprojekt ist toll. Ich würde so schwierige Stoffarbeiten nicht schaffen. Die Tasche gefällt mir richtig gut.
    Du machst es richtig, dass du die letzten schönen Tage noch fürs Radfahren nutzt. Viel Spaß dabei.

    AntwortenLöschen
  38. Great photos here, as always! Not just quilts but food, activities and all kinds of fun!!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  39. Hi Viola, thank you so much for your comment on my Dutch blog. ❤️

    I really love your bag, and the colours are beautiful too. I can understand why you’re so happy with it... especially because you made it yourself. Your sweater is lovely as well. Zo knap.

    And because of your post, I suddenly feel like picking up my knitting needles again. The only problem is that I’m still knitting a scarf that I started when my mother-in-law was very ill. She died four weeks later, and during those weeks I knitted so much on that bag. Now, when I pick it up, I don’t really enjoy working on it anymore.

    But it’s almost long enough. I think I’ll just finish the ball of yarn I’m using, finish the bag, and then start something new. Your post gave me the little push I needed to do that. 😊

    You wrote about still having some sunny days. It’s the same here. Tuesday was incredibly warm, and after that: rain, rain, rain. But tomorrow I hope to go to the forest again. Thank you again for your lovely comment. ❤️

    AntwortenLöschen
  40. At first I was amazed at the pieces you were sewing together. Then I became more amazed at the beautiful bag you made. Yes, we all need a bag and that one is stunning, my friend. Your sweater is beautiful. I've never heard of New Zealand possum/merino wool before but it sure looks great in that sweater. You biking photos are lovely. I always look forward to your posts.

    AntwortenLöschen
  41. your bag looks really good it turned out great. I love cake!

    AntwortenLöschen
  42. Wonderful seeing the competed projects. As always, the food makes me hungry. I wish the biking was safer here. I would bike more often.

    Hugs and Blessings

    AntwortenLöschen
  43. Always lovely to see your posts.
    I like your bag and yum!
    Plum cake with streusel in the oven, for a nice coffee break looks and sounds perfect :)

    Have a happy and peaceful weekend.

    All the best Jan

    AntwortenLöschen
  44. Your bag turned out beautifully, and I especially love how you’ve given those fabrics and ribbons a new life. And your bike rides through the Lusatian Lake District sound wonderful too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  45. Je tas is mooi geworden. Mooie uitkijktoren. Ik kijk uit naar je post over zwemmen. Fijn weekend ! Groeten

    AntwortenLöschen
  46. Beautiful bag and knitted jumper. Wonderful to be out and about on your bike.

    AntwortenLöschen
  47. Hej Viola,
    Je tas is prachtig geworden; die linten en de zakken aan de binnenkant maken hem helemaal af. En wat een mooie zelfgebreide trui, perfect voor de frissere herfstdagen die eraan komen. Heerlijk dat jullie nog zo genieten van fietstochten. Ik ben nu al benieuwd naar je zwemverhalen de volgende keer!
    Fijne week en lieve groetjes van Willy

    AntwortenLöschen
  48. Thank you for all the many things to be enjoyed here Viola :) Quilting, knitting, food, all the sights you share, everything. A delightful post indeed. Happy week to you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  49. Hello Viola :)
    Great bag , jumper, and plum cake. I wish I had the energy to do the things you do, including bike riding. Many thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos.and have a good rest of the week.
    All the best
    Sonjia.

    AntwortenLöschen
  50. Love the bag. And your photos. Have a wonderful Monday.
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  51. Saludos en este día...que ojalá tengas muchas cosas positivas
    en el hacer diario para belleza de lo que se va construyendo
    con las manos...
    en mi caso sigo bordando!

    Feliz semana!

    AntwortenLöschen
  52. I love your bag... what a clever technique to get that effect. lovely pictures of the area...
    Hugz

    AntwortenLöschen
  53. Liebe Viola, von deinem "plum cake with streusel" würde ich mir jetzt gerne ein Stückerl abschneiden 😋.
    Deine Tasche ist super-schön geworden und auch dein Pullover wirkt sehr hübsch mit dem Zopferlmuster und angenehm kuschelig. Ja, und jetzt kommt wirklich schon die Zeit, wo zumindest an manchen Tagen ein Pullover nicht schaden kann. Am Samstag hatten wir noch 27 Grad und waren bei einem Ritterfest, wo wir uns kaum vor der Sonne verstecken konnten, und heute hat es 13 Grade und es ist stark windig. Jetzt fehlt nur noch ordentlicher Regen (aber bitte möglichst nicht dann, wenn wir draußen unterwegs sind 😉)...
    Alles Liebe, herzliche Drückers🤗
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  54. I love your new bag. The quilt on the front is really fun. Your sweater is really nice too. It is fun to take our hand made out into the world.

    AntwortenLöschen

  55. WOW!! Your bag is amazing and so pretty! Good work! Your sweater is so pretty. Loved the photos and keep enjoying your pretty weather!
    The plum cake with the streusel looks delicious!

    AntwortenLöschen
  56. WOW!! Your bag is amazing and so pretty! Good work! Your sweater is so pretty. It is wonderful that you can knit so beautifully! Loved the photos and keep enjoying your pretty weather!
    The plum cake with the streusel looks delicious!

    AntwortenLöschen
  57. Ideas muy originales, que te hace parecer distinta a las demás personas que transitan por la calle.
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  58. To je krásný příspěvek! Kdysi jsem šila hodně, takže moc chválím tvou kabelku, ta je na velkou pochvalu.
    Svetr a copánkový vzor je krásný, určitě ti svetr hodně lidí pochválilo. ☺
    A ten švestkový koláč je výborný, připomíná mi to babičku, její kynutý švestkový koláč byl super a ještě dělávala knedlíky z bramborového těsta plněné švestkami. Teď by se švestky měly využít. ☺
    Milá Violo, posílám pozdrav a přeji příjemné podzimní dny.

    AntwortenLöschen
  59. Den veska ble kjempefin! Godt valg! Ser du har fine høstdager. Det skal bli nærmere 20 grader her i de nærmeste dagene.

    Klem fra Ingunn

    AntwortenLöschen
  60. Moin liebe Viola,
    Du hast so viele schöne Hobbys, Nähen, Rad fahren, Schwimmen dazu noch Backen, Stricken. Das Zopfmuster ist toll, ich liebe Zopfmuster und habe sie in meinen Stulpen verstrickt. Mmmmh Pflaumenkuchen gehört einfach zum Herbst und ich meine, den herrlichen Kuchenduft in meiner Nase zu spüren. 😍 Deine Tasche ist Dir super gelungen und ich mag die Zusammensetzung der Musterstreifen; sehr gelungen!
    Ich schicke Dir herzliche Grüße und wünsche Dir einen schönen Abend.
    Traudi.🍂🍁

    AntwortenLöschen
  61. Wow, that’s impressive. The bag ist beautiful. Great work, superbly executed.

    AntwortenLöschen
  62. Oh, the bag is just beautiful!! I love the pattern and the colors.

    AntwortenLöschen
  63. Lekker veske i spennende teknikk. Den teknikken kunne jeg tenke meg å prøve ut. Plommekaken ser nydelig ut.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Å ja, det var hyggelig å høre – prøv det; det er veldig gøy, selv om det krever litt innsats.
      Klem

      Löschen
  64. Så spennende den teknikken ser ut. Det ble en kjempeflott veske av blokkene. Du er aktiv og sporty, det ser jeg på bildene. Takk for besøk på min blogg. I dag har jeg endelig et nytt innlegg.

    AntwortenLöschen

Blog-Archiv