Samstag, 18. Juli 2026

Sommerzeit - Ferienzeit


 


It is wonderful to see the blooming sunflowers, and that magnificent yellow across the fields—which are now gradually being harvested... my thanks go to all the farmers! I love grinding grain in my little mill and using it to create delicious things... like my sourdough rye bread or delicious cakes




with these wonderful blueberries from the forests around the Giant Mountains.




We took a tour of the Giant Mountains, and the mountain ridge lies along the border between Poland and the Czech Republic; it is one of my favorite mountain ranges, with its subarctic climate, striking glacial cirques, bogs, and vast high plateaus.









In my youth, I undertook a 40-kilometer day hike along the entire ridge to this mountain hut; I was therefore particularly pleased to visit it now... beautiful memories :-))











Now that we are grandparents, we took the lift—up and down—at a leisurely pace. 



 Even so, our hikes covered many kilometers.



 I send warm greetings and wish you days filled with joy.

Hug Viola


61 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful views, its nice to go back and revisit younger memories.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Kjære Viola,
    Du har som vanlig tatt så mange flotte bilder. Naturen rundt deg er så vakker. Blåbærkaken så veldig deilig ut.
    Klem fra Marit

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Grandparents! I must say you look young. Maybe it's the mountain air and the fantastic food. The scenery is breathtaking.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. It all looks wonderful but I am practically salivating over the blueberry pie.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I’ve still got four left... maybe someone will ring the doorbell and show up at the door :-)))) And if you didn't live so far away... who knows?

      Löschen
  5. Beautiful photos! I especially love this delicious bread and cakes. Excellent! Greetings from Croatia, Jasna

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. lovely mountain pictures, even with the mist.
    Blueberries! the ones in my garden aren't ripe yet

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Boa noite minha querida amiga norueguesa Viola. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Suas fotos ficaram muito lindas. Uma excelente noite de sábado, bom final de semana e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hi Viola!
    Lovely mountains and love blueberry cake. My husband came home with berries today, I hope he will make a cake too.
    Have a lovely evening /Marika

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I am impressed that you once did a 40 km hike! I am also impressed that you grind your own grain to make delicious baked goods.
    I notice that it's Blueberry season in many countries. I did not know that. Such a delicious and versatile berry 💙💙💙

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Love nature! Great photography. I am mountain person at heart. Love spectacular views and the fresh air.

    Hugs and Blessings

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Beautiful photos, Viola....and amazing scenery! The blueberry pie looks soooo good.....

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. ...Viola, thanks for sharing you fabulous summer images. Take care and be well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. I enjoyed this post very much--- The big rock thing looks like a frog!

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Lindos girasoles. Te mando un beso y te deseo un buen fin de semana.

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. I am happy that I found another wonderful blog for my soul.
    Wonderful shots and these flowers from the mountains...
    Big hug and greetings from my Slovenia, Andreja!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Lovely photos and such beautiful scenery and memories for you walking all that way when younger. Take care.

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Så deilige kaker og brød, Viola. Du er like flink til å bake som til å sy og lage ting, Jeg er imponert!
    Så fantastiske turer også i deilig natur. Gratulere som besteforeldre!
    Jeg har blitt oldemor. Veldig stas!
    En fortsatt god sommer ønskes av Tove/Fargene Forteller.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Impresionantes fotos, un paseo por allí tiene que ser una maravilla, lo de ser abuelos es algo maravilloso y los nietos nos recargan las pilas como digo yo y además se siente.
    Feliz semana.
    Saludos Cordiales.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. It looks beautiful Viola. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. Io ho visto un'infinità di campi di girasoli, mentre andavo al mare, nella regione Marche, in Italia. Erano uno spettacolo !! Hai anche un piccolo mulino ? Ma che bello poterlo utilizzare e creare tante cose buone !!! Avete fatto bene a fare quella bella escursione in ascensore !!! Saluti cari.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Macino diversi tipi di cereali nel mio mulino — segale e farro — e mi piace usare anche il grano saraceno. Ho un fioccatore per l'avena, anche se devo azionarlo a mano :-)))

      Löschen
  21. You live in such a beautiful area. I enjoyed seeing your pictures very much

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. What a wonderful summer so far. I also picked blueberries recently, but no baking yet. And what a gorgeous walk and ride too. Enjoy your summer. It's such a wonderful time of the year, isn't it?

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. Beautiful photos and views. The blueberry pie slice looks delicious. What a wonderful memory of visiting the cabin where where you hiked to years ago. Have a great week, Viola.

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. toll dass du selbst backen tust und das Getreide mahlen von den Bauern,leckeren Kuchen und tolle Fotos von dem riesen gebirge, auch der Nebel gehört dazu zur Naturerlebnis, klasse!
    Ich wünche dir einen schönen Juli!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. Sunflowers, blueberries, beautiful views. I love them all. That cobbler looks delicious (I love blueberries) and we won't see sunflowers till near the end of next month so I love the preview. I also really like your super fun and colorful jacket or shirt in that one photo!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I'm glad you noticed the shirt; I like it too, and I sewed it myself—just like the hat.

      Löschen
  26. Liebe Viola, ich war noch nie im Riesengebirge, und ich habe auch noch nie eine soooo lange Wanderung gemacht. Aber mit dem Lift hinaufzufahren und dann noch weiter zu wandern, das würde ich durchaus auch gerne machen. Die Gegend sieht sehr schön aus!
    Toll auch dein Brot! Edi hat gestern (inklusive Vorbereitung vorgestern) für uns und unsere lieben Freunde zum zweiten Mal ein schweizerisches Ruchbrot gebacken - dazu verwendet man spezielles Ruchmehl (ist etwas anders als Vollkornmehl, aber ähnlich gesund) - wenn du gerne bäckst, kann ich dir das von Herzen empfehlen. Es wird so saftig und aromatisch! So, und jetzt gehe ich in den Garten, Brombeeren ernten - daran hast du mich mit deinen Blaubeeren erinnert!
    Alles Liebe, 🤗 Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/07/reisebericht-2025-zwischen-barenpfaden.html

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Wie schön, liebe Traude, ich habe mich gleich über das Ruchmehl informiert - wenn ich durch die Schweiz komme, werde ich mir ein paar Tüten lagern.Ich backe gerne mit verschiedenen Mehlsorten... hier bei mir kann ich z.B. Einkorn- und Emmermehl erhalten. Mein Sauerteigbrot backe ich mit Champagnerroggen vom ausgewählten Bauern.
      Das Brot mit Ruchmehl ist mit Sicherheit sehr lecker. Lieben Dank für den Tipp.

      Löschen
  27. Hej Vioala,
    Wat een prachtige foto's laat je zien van dit gebergte. De taart en het brood zien er ook heerlijk uit. De zonnebloemen zijn nu prachtig.
    Lieve groetjes van Willy

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. Gostei do seu blog e estou me tornando seu amigo.

    Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

    Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. Oh Viola, your hikes take you to some gorgeous places!! Your bread and pie looks delicious. And who doesn't love a field on sunflowers.

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Dear Viola, you show again beautiful events and scenes in beautiful pictures. I love the sunflowers, and now the already harvested grain fields.
    We are going to the Valley of Arts in Hungary for 3 days this weekend. We have been there many times and we love being there.
    I once wrote about it in my blog here: https://editeva.blogspot.com/2026/07/visszaemlekezes-kapolcsra.html
    All your pictures are beautiful, but I chose a favorite: the one with the pink flowers.
    Enjoy the summer, as you have done so far, and we are waiting for your posts. Éva

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. Thank you for all these wonderful photos Viola, very enjoyable! I like the idea of you grinding your own flour. How rewarding that must be to sit down and eat your homemade bread. Fantastic scenery and how nice to see you. Wishing you a very happy week!

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. The scenery is beautiful. It is lovely to go back to places you have visited before.
    I do enjoy seeing fields of sunflowers. They are such cheerful flowers, too.
    The blue berries look delicious!!
    I am pleased that you are enjoying your hikes.

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. Ein Ausflug in die Natur ist immer gut es ist schön die Bilder zu
    sehen.
    Gruß
    Noke

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. Beautiful photos. I didn't see many sunflowers this year. Have a nice day !

    AntwortenLöschen
  35. Bonjour Viola,
    Quelle chance de trouver des myrtilles sauvages. Elles sont délicieuses, parfumées et ont beaucoup plus de goût que les grosses myrtilles cultivées que l’on ne devrait pas nommer "myrtilles" d’ailleurs.
    Lorsque nous prenions des vacances dans les Pyrénées (sud-ouest de la France) nous ramassions toujours des myrtilles qui finissaient en tarte délicieuse. Ton gâteau aux myrtilles a l’air succulent !
    Et quelle belle randonnée vous avez fait dans ces "Monts de Géants", à travers une nature sauvage encore préservée sans trop de touristes. Cet endroit est précieux.
    Je te souhaite encore beaucoup de belles balades en montagne ou en forêt cet été.
    Ici, la troisième canicule est terminée et on respire l’air frais du petit matin avec beaucoup de plaisir.
    Amitiés
    Hélène 🌹

    AntwortenLöschen
  36. wow, some beautiful places to visit..... your blueberry tart looks so good...
    Hugz

    AntwortenLöschen
  37. Such a beautiful mix of photographs on your post.
    The scenery was fabulous and nice to see you in the photograph too.

    All the best Jan

    AntwortenLöschen
  38. Hello Viola, you wrote on my blog yesterday, and I'm glad we agree on the "essences" of life!:) Éva from Hungary

    AntwortenLöschen
  39. Kjære Viola! Det er alltid hyggelig å lese det du skriver og se de vakre bildene dine. Du ser så ung og vakker ut. Det er nok gode gener, mye uteliv og sunt koshold, eller hva tror du?

    Stor klem til deg, kjære Viola fra Ingunn

    AntwortenLöschen
  40. Lovely to see the sunflower at the top of your post today. It is so bright and cheery. The sunflowers in my garden have just started to open and I am looking forward to seeing their smiling faces.
    I think you did the right thing taking the lift up the mountains. I would have done the same, and you got a different view of the spectacular scenery on the way up and down. Enjoy the rest of your week, Viola x

    AntwortenLöschen
  41. I really like the photos you shared and the moments you captured. The sunflower image is lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen
  42. Yo también solía hacer rutas senderistas y me encantaban, pero ya no puedo. Esos paisajes son maravillosos, también me habría encantado caminar por ellos. El dulce se ve muy bien, los arándanos me gustan mucho. Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  43. Thank you for your visit and comment!

    AntwortenLöschen
  44. What a fantastic read! I really enjoyed how clearly everything was explained from start to finish. The examples made the topic easy to understand, and the writing style kept me interested throughout. It's always great to find content that is both informative and enjoyable. Looking forward to reading more articles like this!

    AntwortenLöschen
  45. Gracias, Viola, por compartir imágenes de tan maravillosos lugares, que por su belleza no dejan indiferentes a nadie.
    Ese dulce de arándanos tiene una pinta riquísima y además es todo natural... quien pudiera probarlo.
    Coincido contigo en la belleza de los campos de girasoles. Y te voy a contar que en la provincia de Sevilla hay un pueblo que se llama Carmona, y donde sus campos de girasoles, cuando está en floración, han cogido fama mundial y recibe más trescientos mil turistas en cuestión de dos meses, sobre todo japoneses para fotografiarse entre ellos. Además creo que en su cultura el amarillo es el color de la suerte.
    Un abrazo, amiga.

    AntwortenLöschen
  46. What a beautiful area! A 40km hike is impressive, I do not think I am up for something like that. Love to see those blueberries and sunflowers as well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  47. Congratulations on making the hike!! Well done!
    Love all the photos!
    hugs
    Donna

    AntwortenLöschen
  48. Så fine opplevelser! Vakre bilder. Ønsker deg en fin august! Klem fra Marit Johanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  49. Eine 40 km Wanderung ist beeindruckend. Das würde ich heute wohl nicht mehr schaffen. Ich wandere immer noch gerne, und in diesem Land gibt es ja so viel teilweise noch unberührte Natur, da gibt es viel zu entdecken. Der Blaubeerkuchen sieht sehr lecker aus - hast du ihn gebacken? Und das Brot ist einfach unwiderstehlich - gutes Roggenbrot vermisse ich sehr. Kürzlich gab es wieder Einkornbrot auf dem Markt, da habe ich zugeschlagen. Sobald es irgendwo gutes Brot gibt, kaufe ich es und friere es ein. Das Brot, das man hier normalerweise kaufen kann, ist viel zu läpperig. Ich backe oft selbst, aber sogar das Mehl ist hier anders als zuhause.
    Dir ganz liebe Grüße auf Kalifornien.

    AntwortenLöschen
  50. Nydelige bilder av nydelig natur så mye godt du lager av kornet.Blåbær kjempegodt min mann som bruker å plukke blåbær her i huset han spiser litt blåbær hver dag for det skal være så sundt å spise.Jeg liker å bake boller,kaker osv.. Ønsker deg en riktig fin sensommer videre fra Bodil på Vestre Fladset.

    AntwortenLöschen
  51. Kjære Viola. Takk for hyggelig kommentar på min blogg. Jeg har svart deg, og ber deg lese på nytt! Gode dager ønskes av Tove.
    http://fargeneforteller.blogspot.com.

    AntwortenLöschen

Blog-Archiv