Montag, 4. Mai 2026


The quilt is finished



This is my fifth patchwork quilt, and my daughter will be getting it.



 I must say that I've really come to enjoy hand-sewing the binding; it's a chance to savor the work on the quilt while also saying goodbye to it.



The lilac bush is just beginning to bloom and it smells wonderful...




 ...just like the rapeseed; we live right next to the field.





The colors of spring are heavenly and we spend a lot of time outdoors.




Uttewalder Grund Saxon Switzerland



It was closed...

but we had a picnic with.




The Chalice in the Zittau Mountains

 
It is variegated sandstone.


And it's a climbing rock.


The ruins of Oybin Castle, 13th century.


...high forest, 750 meters altitude gain

We didn't run :-)) we took a walk and there's a large mountain hut at the top.





Hochwaldbaude






Warmest greetings to everyone near and far. 

All the best.

"Uansett hvor sakte du løper, så slo du alle som ligger på sofaen."


73 Kommentare:

  1. A beautiful quilt. Lovely to see the seasonal flowers.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love this quilt!...Abrazotes, Marcela

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. the quilt is so lovely...your daughter will cherish it forever!! "hand stitching" the binding and the way you described it, spoke to my heart. my lilacs are just starting to finish up, they have been my favorite since childhood. lots of great images...so fun!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your quilt is beautiful. How cosy your daughter will feel wrapped in something made by her mother. I also like handstitching borders of quilts. You described the feeling well.
    Lilacs and wisteria scent the air in our neighbourhood these days. What a beautiful hike you enjoyed!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. So hübsch genäht hast du deine Patchworkdecke für deine Tochter! Schöne Fotos hast du von der Wanderung mitgebracht! Es blüht der Raps so schön und der Flieder.
    Schönen Mai wünsche ich dir!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Viola - your quilt is beautiful! Well done! Loving the pictures of your flowers, and your neighbourhood.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Such a beautiful quilt, a lovely family heirloom. And thank you for the glorious photos to9

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Hej Viola!
    Fantastiskt fint lapptäcke, gillar färgerna. Vackra bilder från naturen, ser ut som att ni hade en fin vandring.
    Många hälsningar Marika

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Ditt quilteteppe er veldig fint, Viola! Du er så dyktig til å sy. Datteren din er veldig heldig som får et så vakkert teppe. Vakkert landskap også.
    Varme hilsener fra Marit

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Love your quilt. The scenery is beautiful and I do like the colour of the rocks.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Congratulations on your quilt finish Viola, it is gorgeous! Yes, I always enjoy hand stitching down the binding, so much nicer than a machine finish and a great chance to enjoy the quilt and contemplate the next project. xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Så utrolig flott lappeteppe!! Dette likte jeg.
    Tror nok din datter vil bli glad for å få dette ja.
    Og så flotte bilder fra turer du har vært på! Tenk at syrinen blomstrer allerede, - her snør det i dag, og syrinen står bare i knopp enda.
    Ønsker deg fortsatt fine vårdager.

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Labsal für die Seele - deine wundervolle Decke, deine ganze Lebens-Einstellung, eure großartigen Wanderungen und der wache dankbare Blick für die Natur und ihre Geschenke. Schön zu sehen wie gut du zu all dem Schönen passt! Herzlichste Grüße und alles Gute weiterhin von Dori

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. You truly live in a gloriously majestic part of the world, Viola. Spring is certainly smiling at you. Your daughter's quilt is a lovely finish. A lot of quilters enjoy the process of hand stitching the binding on a quilt, and although I stitch the binding by hand, I have to admit it's my least favourite part of quilting making. =) Enjoy your spring.

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Your newest quilt is lovely, I'm sure your daughter is very happy it is for her! I always enjoy viewing the scenery around you, that path looks too uneven for anyone to run up. Your spring is ahead of us, spring is coming slowly this year. Happy stitching!

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Your quilt is terrific, Viola, and your daughter will enjoy it often. As for spring, what a wonderful time of year it is, with everything bursting into life, so much colour, so many sounds. Now if only the weather would cooperate a little more! Best wishes from Ontario - David

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. ...Viola, thanks for this fabulous post, it's packed full of such interesting things, Take care and be well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. What a wonderful way to spend the day and have your picnic. The views are just remarkable. And this quilt, Viola -- it is my all-time favorite of those you've shown and you've had some gems in the past. What a wonderful gift for your daughter! Have a wonderful week!

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. That quilt is amazing! Wow. And I like how you talk about hand stitching and saying good bye. Sometimes it is hard to give up a project, isn't it? And what a lovely day out and hike. It's spring too. You are ahead of my area with lilacs and so much green. Have a super week ahead.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. You did a fantastic job on the quilt--even tackling two colors in your binding! Excellent! The hike looks like an amazing time!

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. Dear Viola, the lilac is no longer blooming in Hungary, we are over it. I haven't seen any rapeseed this year, I haven't been where I could have seen it.
    I also like to rest in the grass, so I can look at the tips of my shoes. I should sit in the grass again, it's been a long time since I was this close to nature, sitting on it.:).
    I also went on such a rocky road (your high forest photo)) once, my shoes were tight because they weren't mine. I didn't plan on hiking, and I didn't bring hiking shoes. My nail got infected, hurt, then fell off, and it took half a year for me to get a new nail.
    Enjoy the spring and make a new quilt if you have the time and inclination. Your new one is very nice.
    Love from Hungary. Éva

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Congratulations on that beautiful quilt. I'm sure your daughter is going to love it. Lovely nature photos, too. Nothing better than being outdoors in the fresh air.

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. The quilt is wonderful! Well done. Absolutely gorgeous scenery.

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. Liebe Viola,

    was für ein herrlicher Quilt und dann noch der 50.! Richtig toll präsentiert und der Duft von Flieder ist hier auch allgegenwärtig. Ich liebe das sehr im Frühling. Genauso gerne schaue ich mir immer Euere Ausflüge an. Ihr wohnt in einer herrlichen Gegend in der ich noch nie war. Bis Dresden bin ich gekommen aber nicht in die Sächsische Schweiz nun hätte ich gleich mal Reiselust bekommen....:-)))

    Herzliche Grüße
    Kerstin und Helga

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. wow
    ein fantastischer Quilt .. da freut sich die Tochter bestimmt
    und einen wunderbaren Ausflug habt ihr unternommen
    viele fantastische Bilder gemacht
    sie gefallen mir alle sehr ;)
    liebe Grüße
    Rosi

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. I'm sure your daughter will love the quilt!!
    Amazing are where you hiked.

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. Apparently coaches of Japanese tourists used to stop by the big rapeseed fields near Petworth House, a big mansion, art gallery and estate, near where I live, to have their photos taken against the yellow flowers. I think yellow is a lucky colour for them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  28. Wow I love that quilt and all the beautiful scenery you have visited. Rapeseed fields and lilac. Gorgeous. My lilac is still flowering and the scent is wonderful. B x

    AntwortenLöschen
  29. Oh my the quilt is beautiful. Fantastic photos or your hike!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  30. Nice works and some very impressive nature pics dear Viola (such a nice name LOL). Thanks for visiting my blog. Wenn ich Dein Norwegisch richtig deute wurdest Du in Deutschland geboren. Vielleicht verstehst Da das dann ja.
    Ganz liebe Grüße
    All the best
    Violetta

    AntwortenLöschen
  31. That is a patchwork of beauty made with so much love for your daughter! Lucky her! I enjoy seeing your nature scenes. Your picnic view looks lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen
  32. Your quilt is so gorgeous! Your daughter will treasure it, I'm sure. I enjoyed all your photos of your hike, picnic, and climb. Here in western Canada, we have many fields of canola (rapeseed) too. Our planting has just begun though.

    AntwortenLöschen
  33. I looked at the field of yellow flowers, and my brain said Canola. When I saw the caption, I remembered that canola is the Canadian name.
    Beautiful quilt. I'm sure it will be well loved.

    AntwortenLöschen
  34. Hej Viola,
    Wat is de quilt prachtig geworden. Je dochter heeft een geweldig cadeau gekregen. Heerlijke foto's van jullie wandelingen.
    Lieve groetjes van Willy

    AntwortenLöschen
  35. Gracias, amiga Viola, por compartir tan lindas y coloridas imágenes, que nos regala la Madre Naturaleza, en cada Primavera.
    La colcha es una preciosidad que seguro que a tu hija le va a encantar, y hecha con el buen gusto que tu siempre tienes en todo lo que elaboras.
    Un abrazo, amiga Viola, y que disfrutes de un feliz mes de mayo.

    AntwortenLöschen
  36. Hei, Viola!
    Jeg likte veldig godt det siste du skrev! Jeg liker meg best i oppreist stilling. Og ute i naturen. Koselig å ta med niste og kaffe på termos. Og hurra for det vakre teppet!

    Klem fra Ingunn

    AntwortenLöschen
  37. Your quilt is gorgeous, well done Viola. That was an amazing hike you took, beautiful indeed! Have a wonderful week.

    AntwortenLöschen
  38. Deine Patchworkdecke ist wunderschön, liebe Viola, und es ist so schön, dich auf deinem Foto zu sehen. Deine Tochter wird sich riesig freuen, ein so besonderes Geschenk zu erhalten. Du lebst in einer sehr malerischen Gegend – wirklich bezaubernd! Das sieht nach einer fantastischen Wanderung aus; es liegt so viel Schönheit in deiner Umgebung. Vielen Dank, dass du uns daran teilhaben lässt! Ich wünsche dir eine wunderbare Woche. Herzliche Grüße, Denise Bitte entschuldigen Sie etwaige Grammatikfehler. Ich verwende Google Translate :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  39. Such a lovely post Viola ...
    Your fifth patchwork quilt, which your daughter will be getting looks amazing. . . she will love it.
    Your photographs showing your hike/walk are lovely, it looks a great area.
    Keep on enjoying your May days.

    All the best Jan

    AntwortenLöschen
  40. Sei veramente bravissima nel fare quelle coperte a patchwork, credo che occorra molta precisione nell'incastrare i vari pezzi e nell'abbinare i colori ! I fiori di colza sono una meraviglia, anche noi abbiamo queste distese gialle !! Bellissime le altre foto ! Saluti cari.

    AntwortenLöschen
  41. Beautiful quilt, nice colours. Excellent photos of your walk.

    AntwortenLöschen
  42. Bonjour Viola,
    Le quilt que tu as créé est magnifique ! Quelle chance pour ta fille de recevoir un tel cadeau fait avec amour et passion par sa maman !
    La balade dans les sentiers de montagne est splendide quand on peut encore grimper, mais je crois que tu es sportive et encore jeune.
    Ça vaut le coup d’oeil.
    Je te souhaite un agréable week-end. Prends soin de toi.
    Bien amicalement,
    Hélène 🌹

    AntwortenLöschen
  43. Holy Smokes These Photos Are Incredible - And Congrats On That Quit - Its Absolutely Marvelous With Stellar Craftsmanship

    Well Done ,
    Cheers
    The Padre

    AntwortenLöschen
  44. Beautiful photos. Love the quilts. I always enjoy visiting.

    Hugs and many Blessings

    AntwortenLöschen
  45. Lovely quilt-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  46. Your quilt is fabulous, what a lucky daughter you have, she's going to love it. I grew up in a house which adjoined farmland, there were often years when rapeseed would be grown in the field at the bottom of our garden. Sadly, that area has been developed now, there's a motorway and retail park where those farms once stood. A sad sign of the times.

    AntwortenLöschen
  47. Hello Viola,
    What a nice post.
    Great that quilt you have made for your daughter. And what a wonderful places and nice that view while your picnic. That house for drinks looks very nice.
    Your pictures are amazing Viola.

    Many greetins,
    Marco

    AntwortenLöschen
  48. Your surroundings are very beautiful, Viola. The rocks, the paths, the meadows… It's good that you get a lot of fresh air; it's very good for your health. Your new quilt is gorgeous; your daughter will definitely love it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  49. Your twister quilt is beautiful and so is the scenery! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  50. Really like the colours in your beautiful Twister quilt. Your daughter will love it.
    Enjoyed the lovely scenery on your walk.

    AntwortenLöschen
  51. What beautiful Spring photos - it looks like an amazing hike! and yor twister quilt - I really like how you had the color move thru it - beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  52. Your quilt looks wonderful. What a lovely gift for your daughter.
    The different blues are perfect in this quilt.
    Your scenery is beautiful. It looks like you have some delightful walks near you with great views. I do enjoy all the spring flowers and their beautiful perfumes.

    AntwortenLöschen
  53. Congratulation on the finished quilt! I love it; the design, colors, quilting, all so pretty! Beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing your photos.

    AntwortenLöschen
  54. Liebe Viola,
    deine Patchworkdecke für deine Tochter
    ist ein Prachtstück geworden - was für ein liebe- und wertvolles Geschenk!
    Sehr gefreut habe ich mich auch über die wundervollen Fotos aus eurer Natur - und bin im Geiste mitgewandert 😊
    Hab einen schönen Tag!
    Alles Liebe, Traude
    👉 https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/05/fruhlingstage-zwischen-licht-und.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  55. Pretty pictures, Viola 🌸
    What a beautiful quilt. Lucky daughter.
    I love lilacs but they're not yet in bloom here in Finland.
    Have a wonderful day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  56. Lovely quilt. Beautiful flower photos and hiking photos. I can just imagine...

    AntwortenLöschen
  57. Your newest finished quilt looks lovely, Viola. I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with it. The small fabric coasters are also very pretty. You make some lovely items from fabric. I loved seeing your other project with the weaving. I wonder what you will do with it when it comes off the loom.
    It must make you very happy to see the storks nesting and watching them each day. Lucky you.
    Enjoy the rest of the week x

    AntwortenLöschen
  58. Men wow! Vilken vacker filt. Min mamma är också duktig på att handarbeta och har gjort ett fantastiskt fint överkast till mig. Väldigt vackra bilder från naturen som du bjuder på!

    AntwortenLöschen
  59. Beautiful quilt! And nice landscape. Thank you for sharing. We also are among the fields but no rapeseed this year I think it is peas for cattle.

    AntwortenLöschen
  60. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  61. It looks like you are having a lovely spring. Your quilt looks great.

    AntwortenLöschen
  62. How lovely is your quilt! Such a work of art! Your daughter will treasure it I am sure! I love the fragrance of lilacs. There was a lilac bush growing by my bedroom window when I was a teen. I used to open the windows and the fragrance would fill the whole bedroom. Your photos of the area you walked are so lovely.

    AntwortenLöschen
  63. Your photos of your area and what you do are always so lovely! How wonderful your quilt looks and it is certainly a work of art. Your daughter will treasure it! I love the fragrance of lilac

    AntwortenLöschen
  64. Dein Quilt ist toll geworden. Da wird sich deine Tochter bestimmt sehr freuen. Ich bin leider keine so Nähkünstlerin, bewundere aber alle, die so ein Talent haben. Über die Bilder von eurer Wanderung freue ich mich. Die Gegend sieht interessant aus.
    Liebe Grüße von Heidi

    AntwortenLöschen
  65. Som vanlig - helt fantastiske bilder! Dere har fine turer i deilig natur! Og så fine tepper du syr. Tenker din datter blir glad!
    Fine og fargerike dager ønskes av Tove/fargeneforteller.blogspot.no

    AntwortenLöschen
  66. Oh Viola! The quilt is Amazing! Well done!! Your daughter is loving it...
    hugs
    Donna

    AntwortenLöschen
  67. Love the twister quilt. Lovely to see the seasonal flowers and the sights..

    AntwortenLöschen
  68. Vakker quilt du har laget, vet det er litt av et arbeid nedlagt. Og resultatet helt perfekt.

    AntwortenLöschen

Blog-Archiv